Pray for the Oscars!
JOIN US in praying for the people, the films and the influence of everyone involved in the ACADEMY AWARDS this year. The 2013 Oscars will be held at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood on Sunday, Feb. 24th, so HPN is having a prayer walk around the Dolby on WEDNESDAY, Feb. 20th to bless the land and invite God into that event. If you'd like to pray with us that evening, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Otherwise, pray with us from wherever you are!
“I’m too angry to pray for Hollywood!”
I’ve talked with Christians all across America—and anger runs strong against Hollywood. Unfortunately, this anger is often directed to the people who are in positions of power and influence inside media.
But there’s another way . . .
At no other time of the year are prominent people in the media more visible than on what has become known as “Oscar Sunday.”
What if you became a change agent on media’s biggest day of 2013—Academy Awards Sunday—February 24?
What if you asked God to give you a new love and concern for these powerful and influential people?
I invite you to pray strategically for media leaders—and inspire others in your church family to join you!
We’ll help—need ideas? . . .
- Make a special, personal effort to pray for media leaders, cultural influencers, and believers you know in media on February 24.
- Ask God how you might invite your church to pray for media on media's big day. Announcements in the bulletin, prayer in Sunday school classes, pastoral staff modeling prayer for media—capture Oscar Sunday for prayer in your local fellowship.
- Pray for and commission believers in your church fellowship who work in media and the arts for greater influence in their company, profession, and industry.
- Extra copies of the Media Leader Prayer Calendar and Sixteen Redemptive Prayers for Hollywood are available at email@example.com until February 7, 2013—while supplies last. To ensure delivery of large orders—more than 100—please order by February 7.
- For more ideas click HERE.
Brainstorm with your church—inspire believers to participate in the Oscars through prayer on Sunday, February 24, 2013.
There’s so much at stake . . . will you join me? Let’s make this year's Academy Awards the Church's biggest day of prayer for media ever. It could happen in your church!